Friday, February 20, 2009

c3 day one recap

I have to say that I am completely in awe of what happened yesterday. When I tried to recap the day's happenings to Chris on the phone last night, I wasn't able to adequately do so--this morning I tried again. Let me warn you that this post may be poorly structured and I may jump from point to point more than usual.

I woke up yesterday at 5. Thankfully my morning routine from teaching was still semi-fresh in my mind and I left the house by 6:45. I headed into church and was amazed at all of the cars that were already in the designated lot for staff and volunteers. I waltzed into the office feeling excited at the day ahead. You see yesterday was our first full day of c3.

I finished my breakfast at my desk before heading down to the main entrance. I had the best morning job I could think of: I got to greet people as they entered the conference. You have to understand we have over 2300 conference attendees from all over the world here. I loved it! I got to talk to several groups of people, explain what Toms shoes are, and welcome hundreds of people. Soooo great!

After the first session I got to talk to people at our Elevate booth and answer questions about our children's ministry. After the second session I got to meet three lovely volunteers and host in the chapel a lunch for the attendees. Now we had three other rooms open for lunch so I wanted our room to really stand out. I met people in the halls and invited them to have lunch in the chapel. During the lunch time I walked around from table to table. I asked if I could get anything for anyone. I answered questions. I LOVED it. It totally pumped me up! I even gave three mini-tours of our children's area...I couldn't stop talking about what we got to do!

During the afternoon I got to watch the sessions. I had never heard Bil Cornelius or Ben Young speak before and now I've got to tell you, I want to hear more from them. I was so challenged and humbled by their messages.

That evening I got to sit at our ministry table for dinner. God placed me near this couple from NW Arkansas and I was able to visit with them for about an hour. It was WONDERFUL! Their church is very similar to the church I grew up in. We were able to discuss children's ministry, I gave them a tour, and really just got to share my heart for what God is doing. Incredible!

Then I ran into a guy who I've known my entire life. He was in my sister's class every year from first grade until graduation. When I was in the youth group, his college group would run lock-ins or come and do a service at our church. When I was in high school and college he was a youth minister and we'd run into each other at church camp. He now is a youth pastor in NE Oklahoma with a wonderful wife and precious little girl. I got to show him my office...and it was just really neat to me how this man who has played a role in my spiritual development (even though he doesn't realize it) got to see a glimpse of what God is doing in my life. Amazing!

Last night I got to hear Craig's sermon (and bits and pieces of Pastor Ed's). It was about people pleasing and I've got to tell you I was humbled and challenged yet again! I am so thankful I pre-ordered a copy of the conference so I can rewatch all of this. I heard so many challenging, insightful thoughts that this morning I'm STILL processing them.

God is stirring my heart and I'm so thankful. I can't wait to see what God has in store for today...I have a feeling it's going to be absolutely indescribable.

No comments: