Monday, January 12, 2009

crazy times...

I'm extremely blessed. God has been more gracious to me than I could have even imagined or dreamed (Ephesians 3:20-21). I am so grateful for His provision. God's timing is perfect and He works all things together for good (Romans 8:28).

The last month of my life has been a bit crazy. We had nine Christmas services. My boyfriend came into town for the entire time so I got to try out the whole balance thing. I went to Oklahoma and Washington. In all of the busy-ness, I got sick.

The last two weeks I've been feeling like I was on my b or c game. I really missed A game sb. Chris was sick too. On Tuesday we were both feeling up to it and were able to go to Washington to visit his aunt and grandparents. The short travel arrangements were possible since his mom works for an airline. We're crazy blessed.

While in Washington, I was able to go to Seattle and Tacoma. Dear goodness this is a beautiful place! Seattle is such an interesting city. I could visit it again and again. While in Tacoma, we did a self-made '10 Things I Hate About You' tour. It was such a blessing to meet the other side of his family...and to see some amazing things.

On Wednesday night I had difficulty sleeping so on Thursday I took some benedryl. No big whoop. My body is probably not use to all of the gorgeous greenery. Right? Thursday night I had an even worse time sleeping. Friday when we were flying home, I had a big problem popping my ears.

My roommies were out of town this weekend, so Friday night after Chris dropped me off at my house, I tried to pop my ears in all of the embarrassing looking ways. It didn't work. I googled to find a relief and did everything it said. Nothing worked. I kept praying and went to sleep. I woke up at 3 am with one ear popped and one not. I took a crazy hot shower, put a hot compress on my swollen glands, and kept praying. I was able to drift in and out of sleep for a bit.

Saturday I got ready for Chris' birthday party. One ear was still not popped. I felt so bad...and couldn't get over the pain in my ears. I thought I was being a horrible girlfriend. While at the party, my ear finally popped. You have no idea how thankful I was! That night I took some more medicine before services but still didn't feel great.

Saturday night after church, I went with Chris' family to dinner. I apologized for being on my c game. They were so sweet. That night I woke up at 4...and felt awful. I finally went back to sleep around 5.

Sunday morning I came into church early. I was doing everything incredibly slowly. It was hard to focus. Alisha took one look at me and told me she would find a way to cover my services. I started crying and couldn't stop. I went home, rested, and waited for Chris to come over for his last night in town.

That night I was even worse. I couldn't stop crying. I thought I was overreacting. I thought I was being emotional since he was leaving for another month or so. That night i woke up every two hours.

This morning Erin picked me up and we went to the doctor. It turns out I have pus on my throat and a 'raging' bi-lateral ear infection. I have three medications I will take multiple times for the next week.

God was so gracious through all of this. I was able to get into the doctor at 9:30 this mornign. I was able to get a shot in the office. I was able to get my prescriptions filled. I had a wonderful friend to be my listening ears at the office. I was able to not rupture my ear drum. I would have blown everything off had I not promised Chris I would go to the doctor.

Now I have the next three days to rest. I can read. I can pray. I can write. I am so thankful.

No comments: