Monday, February 1, 2010

broken record

Grandma is still in the hospital and will receive two more units of blood today. On the positive, her internal bleeding has slowed down. Lord willing, I will go to Oklahoma and spend all day Friday with her. Please keep Tura Lou in your prayers--she is even more precious than her unique name denotes.

I missed the segment of Chris Rocks Friday this week. :-( He still rocks & I love him very much. I was just a wee bit of a mess on Friday. Thursday night I was driving home from work and started crying....and just couldn't stop. I was so sad thinking about what it would be like to lose my Grandma.

I realized how incredibly proud I am to be her granddaughter. I thought about how she is such a remarkable example of grace. I thought about how very hospitable she is and how she makes each person feel loved, special, and important. I thought about how much I've learned about the character of Christ through her everyday actions. I am so thankful for her.

Thank you for praying for her & for your encouragement. I will keep you updated on her...and will probably post some of the funny quips she's had in the hospital (like when she couldn't turn herself in the bed saying that she must have the heaviest butt in the world...)

This week we'll have 2 Chris Rocks Friday segments...so stay tuned!

1 comment:

Connie said...

Oh, I love that quote by your grandmother! That is the cutest thing!