Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Romans 8:1

Romans 8 (The Message)

The Solution Is Life on God's Terms
1-2With the arrival of Jesus, the Messiah, that fateful dilemma is resolved. Those who enter into Christ's being-here-for-us no longer have to live under a continuous, low-lying black cloud. A new power is in operation. The Spirit of life in Christ, like a strong wind, has magnificently cleared the air, freeing you from a fated lifetime of brutal tyranny at the hands of sin and death.

Romans 8 (NIV)

Life Through the Spirit
1Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus,2because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death.

Romans 8 (NLT)

Life in the Spirit
1 So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus. 2 And because you belong to him, the power of the life-giving Spirit has freed you from the power of sin that leads to death.

Romans 8 (KJV)

1There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

2For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.


Romans 8 (HCSB)

The Life-Giving Spirit
1 Therefore, no condemnation now exists for those in Christ Jesus, 2 because the Spirit's law of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death.

I don't know about you, but I have a tendency to over-analyze a situation. I set extremely high expectations for myself & when I feel like I fail, I think about this repeatedly. I think about how much better things could have been if only i had (insert whatever is applicable to the situation). I don't know exactly why I do this but I do know I need to stop doing it. I need to not allow myself to relive my failures & think through them at every possible angle.

Today on the Stuff Christians Like blog, Jon wrote about this. It was just what I needed to read today. Please click the link & check it out...especially if you have a tendency to rewrite Romans 8:1 for yourself.

No comments: