Sunday, November 15, 2009

words

Sometimes I think before I speak...other times I speak before I think. I can honestly tell you the thinking before speaking thing is a much better decision.

Rather than extending grace, viewing the situation from multiple angles, and thoughtfully weighing out what my words will do to someone else, I say what comes to mind. I have the need to make my voice heard & make my feelings known. This is foolishness. Yes the time will come that I need to express my feelings but it isn't around the clock.

This week I've been learning a lot: hope, grace, forgiveness, patience, and self-control. I have a feeling that I will continually be learning about these things. It's awful admitting that I don't have it together but it's true.


1 comment:

Amber said...

Oh girl, this is so true! Thank you for such a great reminder!