Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Which one...

I came to the realization that I am not strictly a modern day Emma Woodhouse. I am a hybrid of Emma Woodhouse & Marianne Dashwood. :-) It's shocking how that works but trust me, it does.

This brings me to the question: should I end up with a
Mr. Knightley or a Colonel Brandon? Which one is best for me?

I must say that I would gladly choose Mr. Knightley over Colonel Brandon for fear of walking all over him. The thought of someone so willingly do anything for me is scary. I'd hate to take advantage of the situation. I'd love to think that I would be a big enough person to not do this...but I probably would.

Mr. Knightley, however, wouldn't tolerate any of that. He would cause me to be a better person--he would sharpen me.

Of course, they are fictional characters...and these are my own musings. I could be better off with a Colonel Christopher Brandon. Maybe I would love him & NOT take advantage of him. But then again, I don't have to worry about this as there aren't any modern day Mr. Knightleys and Colonel Brandons fighting for my affection at the moment...so it doesn't actually matter.

If there are any who do begin to vie for my affection, well, that would make me a very lucky lady....

No comments: