Monday, April 14, 2008

Silverchair



I think I should meet these boys...and one of them should fall madly in love with me. Sarah Gillies, Sarah Johns, or Sarah Joannou all sound pretty lovely. Although, I am a little partial to the way Sarah Joannou sounds....but really any of those three would be incredible last names. ;-)

If you're not sure who these very rock-n-roll looking men are to my left, let me introduce you to one of my all time favorite bands: Silverchair. They're amazing!!!

I bought The Best of Silverchair vol. 1 on Thursday & have probably listened to it fifty times so far. I can't get enough...seriously, I can't get enough. I remember when I found a copy of Young Modern & all I did was listen to it for a month.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to do the same thing with this one too. Lately I want to hear the same song over & over again: Pure Massacre.

People dying for no reason at all
Age is no difference or if you're large or small.
Families being torn apart.
Doesn't have to be this way.
Some people, just have no heart.
It's happening every day.
Pure massacre,Pure massacre...
Machine guns pumping, hearts thumping,
Death is all around.
People crying for freedom,
No one hears the sound,
[Chorus]
There's people crying.
There's people dying.
But someone's taken it all, yeah.
[Repeat Last Verse][Chorus]
It's gonna be a pure massacre.Yeah!

Good stuff right? This song pumps me up and makes me want to go to Africa really bad....which, ok isn't that hard to do, but it does increase my longing. Couldn't you see me with one of them in Africa? I think it could work...

No comments: