Wednesday, August 25, 2010

advertising works...at least on me

I was so excited about working out today I woke up myself at 4:45. When I realized what time it was, I slept for about an hour and a half. I don't know how I slept during the next 90 minutes, but I must have slept roughly. I woke up with a crazy pain in the middle of the right side of my back. I got up to work out thinking it would work itself out. Not so much...

I tried doing the warm up and it was PAINFUL. So I decided I would work out tonight. I laid back down with extra pillows for a little while thinking that would help...I was wrong. When I got up to take a shower, I let the hot water hit my back knowing this would solve the problem. For a third time in a very short span of time, I was wrong.

I got ready for work. I stopped by to pick up an icy hot back patch. I've seen Shaq with one on his back in numerous commercials. I went to a drug store first but they didn't have icy hot. They did have other brands but I wanted the icy hot brand. It's what Shaq used & if it looked big on his back, I knew it would definitely cover my pained area.

So I went to another store, found my icy hot patches and picked up some dunkin' donuts coffee (so good!). In my car, I discretely put the patch on....and I felt relief almost instantly. Thanks Shaq. I owe you one!

No comments: