Friday, June 19, 2009

ouch

My pastor & his wife wrote a book called The Marriage Mirror. When it came out months ago, my boss bought a copy for everyone in the office. Not being engaged or married, I wasn't sure if I should read it yet...but curiosity got the better of me & I read a little bit of it (not all of it as guilt then got the better of me).

The parts i read talked about how being married you see all of your qualities reflected by the other person. Over the last week, I have been able to see some very ugly qualities in myself that Chris has pointed out. I hate it.

I am not a fan of being bad at things. I'm even less of a fan of people knowing that I'm bad at things. Now twice (count it: TWICE) in six days Chris & I have talked about me not being gracious to people who don't respect/appreciate me...sure I'm polite but I'm not kind or loving to them. Ouch.

It hurts so incredibly much to know that...and even more to know he sees that in me. Realistically I can't be perfect but I can be kind....and I can let things go. This has now joined with unpacking/making my room pretty as my new goal.

No comments: