Thursday, January 21, 2010

grateful

Ephesians 3:20-21 (The Message)

God can do anything, you know—far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams! He does it not by pushing us around but by working within us, his Spirit deeply and gently within us.

Glory to God in the church!
Glory to God in the Messiah, in Jesus!
Glory down all the generations!
Glory through all millennia! Oh, yes!


Lately my heart seems to break on an almost daily basis. The crisis in Haiti, friends with cancer, financial needs for volunteers, seeing how stressed out some precious friends are over work situations out of their control, marriages destroyed by poor choices, and for my unsaved family members. It can become downright depressing thinking about all of these things...but thankfully I know God is the one in control. He is the one who can do infinitely more than I can even imagine (which if you've talked to me long enough, you know how vivid my imagination is).

I am so grateful for God's provision in situation. I am grateful to see how God is moving in people's lives. I am grateful that He is not bound by time or any earthly thing.

1 comment:

Kelly Loy Gilbert said...

Just found your blog. :)

This was a great reminder--thank you. It can be hard to remember sometimes when everything in life and the world seem so devastating and out of control.