Wednesday, December 9, 2009

crafty

Let me just be real honest: I'm not, nor have I ever been good at crafts. Even in my vbs days, my projects never quite had that right sand art look. As an adult this lack of crafty skill has multiplied. I don't know how it's possible but somehow I'm even worse at crafts now than I was at 7.

For my students (who will be here for all of our 6 Christmas experiences), I like to have a bit of a party. I teach the k-5th grade students of staff and volunteers who are here for multiple services (they go to a service and attend my room for one). Each week we do a supplemental lesson based on what they are learning in children's worship. I love being the one who gets to show them another Bible story about whatever topic they're learning.

During Christmas though we don't so much do that. It's a celebration in my room! We make presents (hence the crafts) for them to give to family members/friends. We sing Christmas carols. We talk about why this is such a great time of year & how we can share that with others. It's something I look forward to & hopefully my students do too.

However, as mentioned in the top paragraph, I'm not crafty. I am resourceful though. I've found the jackpot of home made holiday crafts for my students. Thank you Disney for providing these easy, adorable crafts that someone like me can make. YAY!

I'm looking forward to planning out all of our crafts, carols, and just getting to celebrate what Christ has done with my students. This really is the greatest time of year!

No comments: