Wednesday, May 20, 2009

sugar rush

I never in a million years thought I would make this statement but here goes: I believe I've had too much sugar today.

I never thought it was possible to have too much sugar...ever. You have to understand that I was raised on kool-aid, pixie stix, mountain dew, candy, ice cream, tacos, hamburger helper, pizza, and hamburgers. The majority of my diet was sugar...happy, wonderful, sugar.

As an adult, I have made a conscience effort to cut back on sugar. I eat vegatables & fruit now. I try to have calcuium and fiber as a regular part of my diet....this is a huge step for me. However, I still probably intake more sugar than necessary on an hourly basis.

I'm currently in the middle of a sugar rush. I've got all of this energy and have sent some rather hilarious emails out to my volunteers. I am having random thoughts fly through my mind at the speed of sound. I'm wanting to tackle hug people. I have a barely contained desire to belly laugh so loud.

I want to paint really badly & I want to pen a very silly short story about an old woman named Myrtle and her best friend Ethel. I picture them as want to be super heroes who save nursing home patients from bad cafeteria food, worn out socks, and of course, the menacing Mr. Hoffensteffensteimerson (the resident casanova who steals sugar free candy from unsuspecting widows).

I'm hoping to avoid the crash...

1 comment:

Amber said...

That is hilarious. However, you are always upbeat enough to be classified as a sugar rush every day. But I must say I would like to see the SB that says herself she has had enough sugar.
Maybe you should video yourself. You could win $10,000...