Thursday, May 7, 2009

seasons

Ecclesiastes is famous for talking about seasons. There is a season for virtually everything...and every season must come to an end. It's amazing to think about the seasons' changing as I am in the midst of quite a change. Work is changing. Boyfriend is moving home. Mom's health is changing. My life could be totally different within a week. Almost everything seems to be in transition or in the air at the moment.

Hebrews 13:8: "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever." Despite all of the changes and the inevitable season's passing, I don't have to worry. God is in control. He is the one that holds the future. He isn't bound by time & He knows what's next. Proverbs 20:24: "The Lord directs our steps, so why try to understand everything along the way?" It's time to stretch my faith...it's time to trust.

I'm actually excited about this change. I don't even know what's going to change (possibly everything) and I'm excited. Abram didn't know how his life would change when God told him to go. Yet not knowing where to go or what to do, Abram obeyed.

Noah was given specific instructions without fulling understanding and he obeyed. Genesis 6:22: "So Noah did everything exactly as God commanded him." That's my prayer for this new season: that I would do everything exactly as God commands.

It's exciting times...and I can't wait to update on what the next season is.

No comments: