Thursday, April 9, 2009

bath

Last night I decided to take a nice, long bubble bath. After all with Easter this weekend, our conference a mere two weeks away, and the ladies conference the following week, I've got a lot on my plate right now.

So I get out the bubble bath my mom bought me at Christmas. I open the lid & sniff it....oh how beautiful! I think to myself this is just what I need! I pour in quite a bit of the bubble bath (the bubblier the better, right?). I watch as the tub begins to fill with the water and I decide to go ahead and hop in...ahhhh yes this is the life!

I have Marc Broussard singing me relaxing songs in his lovely southern voice...and I think the only thing to make this better is to make it last longer. As I can't stand being in a cold tub, I increase the hot water...

Well, I'm sure you've all heard about the frog & the pot. If you put a frog is boiling water, it will jump out. If you put it in temperate water and then slowly increase the heat, the frog won't realize it. After about ten minutes or so I realized it.

I got so light headed. I hopped out of the tub & took a break from my 'relaxing' bath. I get back in and realize just how incredibly hot I had made my bath.

I now have a fear of one day burning my baby in the bathtub. No joke. I think my husband will always have to run the baby's bath so that I don't horrifically burn and scar our baby. I'm sure this fear will subside by the time I'm married and thinking about having children. Then again as I have no idea when Chris will ask that life changing question, the fear could still be very real.

Speaking of that stone cold fox (that's what i've been calling him all week), he'll be in for Easter weekend in just 8 short hours! Yep, only eight more hours until I get a lovely three day weekend with him! AND I get to spend Easter with his family!!!

1 comment:

William, Megan and Avery said...

Don't worry! They make rubber duckies that turn white if the water is too hot! :) I'm paranoid about it, too....