Saturday, October 25, 2008

my gift

A couple of Christmases ago my sweet cousin Holly decided to give me a 'teacher-y' gift. I couldn't wait to see what it was--after all cousin Holly has about a decades worth more so whatever gift she would give had to be amazing. Thoughts ran through my head: maybe it was a book to foster creativity, perhaps it was some little known classroom tool that only super teachers had, or perhaps it was something so insightful that I couldn't even begin to guess what it was.

Cousin Holly gave me a very practical gift: sweater socks. Yes, sweater socks. The socks are black, white, gray, and deep red. They fold over to reveal a snowflake sweater on the fold. These are quite possibly the ugliest socks I've ever seen...yet I can't get rid of them.

It's not due to sentimental value; while being the ugliest socks ever, they also happen to be the WARMEST socks ever. I LOVE them sooo incredibly much! I want to wear them all the time. :-D I'd post a picture of them but I don't want Chris to see them on here before he has the opportunity to see them in person. hehehe There's just something incredible about seeing these things in person which doesn't translate on film....er pixels.

Now that the temperature has dropped I'm wearing these babies all the time. Wahoo!!! In fact, when I pick up Chris from the airport on Thursday, I think I may have to wear them.

No comments: