Monday, October 13, 2008

Bruce



Ahhh that would be my sweet, wonderful boyfriend & I at a pumpkin patch a couple of weeks ago. I'd never been to one & really wanted some type of frame-able picture of us for my desk at work. We've got some pretty fantastic pictures together (they mainly include us making ridiculous faces or doing something ridiculous) but nothing that quite fit the frame & display at work category. Please know we didn't miss any ridiculous photo opportunities as you can plainly see:


We had a great time! We also took the time to really think through what our pumpkin would become. We weighed our options--we bought a pumpkin carving kit (mainly because i think the tiny tools are cute)--we looked at patterns. My wonderful Chris decided it was too easy to use a pattern & we were far too creative for it.

So he free-handed a lovely design on our pumpkin & we got started. I was pretty nervous about it; I wanted our first carving session to go well...I wanted to impress anyone who would see our beautiful pumpkin.

Meet our beautiful pumpkin, Bruce:

Isn't he beautiful? I'm very proud of him! This weekend Chris & I are going to give Bruce a sibling. I'm really looking forward to our next carving project.

No comments: