Saturday, August 23, 2008

baseball


This is apparently my "I love baseball" face. It's nice, huh? Last night we had the opportunity to celebrate Kenneth's birthday. I worked for Kenneth for six months when I started at church. He is one of my absolute favorites. He's an incredible man & I'm so thankful to have him in my life. He's also one of Chris' favorites so that's really convenient.

Before the game began Chris asked if I knew the rules of baseball. Last summer I nannied for one of the Rangers & I did play softball as a child so you would think I would... After asking one simple question it became obvious I had no idea what I was talking about when it came to baseball. whoops...

The Indians won by two runs last night...but the game was a lot of fun. It was very reminiscent of me attending the Stars game. I observed, made mental notes, and then towards the end started to awkwardly cheer. I thought my deep love for basketball would naturally transfer to other sports but it did not.

I'm looking forward to learning more about sports--Chris loves them & I have a feeling I will soon be a huge sports fan. :-) Or at least a girl who does know the mechanics of sports & can cheer at events.

No comments: