Monday, August 18, 2008

It's raining, I have the day off, Now & Then is on tv, and the summer season is officially finished at work. This, my friends, has the potential of an awesome day.

Some of you may be curious as to what all I've been up to the last couple of months. Let's see...fc kids took the summer (and me) to places I never imagined.

Highlights include:
  • Teaching 'special effects' to second and third graders for two weekends...translation: mentos + diet coke = a messy/good time
  • Dressing up as a spy
  • zipline
  • headfirst backwards down the slides
Good stuff all around...so many stories! As I have a fantastic afternoon awaiting me, I will only share one little for now (i know--i'm such a tease).
  1. Last week sweet Bonnie held the swim center open for us on staff. Steven masterminded a FIFTEEN person chain for the slides...hahahaha. I was person number two on the chain--right behind Big Jim. Big Jim is probably 6'5" and weighs about 265 lbs. We went fast & furious down the slide. It was fantastic! How we didn't break the slide, I'll never know.
It has been an amazing summer & I am looking forward to catching you guys up very soon.

No comments: