Tuesday, March 25, 2008

dress week

Waking up yesterday was a piece of cake. :-) This morning was a struggle. To be quite honest, the only thing that really motivated me was the thought of wearing one of my new dresses. The weekend before Easter, I went shopping for a fantastic Easter dress. I work at my church so I had the mission of finding the greatest Easter dress of all time. Of course this was a self-imposed mission--they could have cared less what I looked like.

It's important to note I don't particularly like shopping. Coming from a town of 18,000 with limited shopping options, I never really got into the "mall craze" or "shop til you drop" set. Having a mission helped me out a lot. I decided I should start with my favorite & go from there. Banana didn't let me down--tons of dress options. I found the greatest Easter dress of all time plus a really fun spring dress.

I needed new shoes to go with the dress so my quest continued. I went into various stores and was pretty unimpressed until I came to the Gap. I found shoes and three more fun spring dresses! I was so excited. :-) When I went to church that afternoon I showed all of the guys my new dresses and they were very kind to feign interest.

I think the reason I went a tad crazy with the dresses is because I spend so much time with the guys at work. Don't get me wrong--I love it. They crack me up & it's like having four older brothers. I just feel like I need to assert the fact that I am a lady & I love being a lady!

This week has been dubbed dress week. I wore my purple dress yesterday & today I wore my striped dress. Tomorrow I won't wear a dress as it's warm up Wednesday aka the best day of the week. I may, however, wear a tennis skirt to keep the femininity level up. ;-)

No comments: