Thursday, February 7, 2008

Periodically I decide it's time to reorganize. I may be one of the world's worst about keeping a clean inbox. I have four email accounts I use: one for church, one for school, one for newsletters (i love a newsletter), and one for personal correspondence. I tend to keep tons of superfulous emails because I think one day I MIGHT need to reread a forward from a person I've lost contact with. Ridiculous? Of course...that's the story of my life.

I cleaned out my newsletters account. This was my main email account while in college prior to gmail. I found a couple of emails from guys I used to talk to ALL of the time. The last time I spoke with either was about four or five years ago. I sent them both a very short email to see how they are.

I don't expect to get back in contact with either but I did reread some of the emails. It is amazing how much one person can change but stay the same in a matter of four or five years. I basically have the same desires but I have such a different perception of the world. How that works, I'm not so sure.

I am amazed that I'm somewhat living out the plan I tailored years ago...now several things aren't the same as the original plan. I was suppposed to be married to a lumberjack doctor (ie a doctor who likes to cut down trees & make things like cabins on the weekends). I was supposed to be living further west--which is odd b/c I love the east coast so incredibly much.

Maybe the desires of my heart were, for the most part from God rather than from myself. I've changed a lot in the last five years--lots of growth but still a lot of growth left & I mean A LOT left.

It's interesting to think about where I may be in another five years... Maybe I'll have made it to Malawi by then. :-)

No comments: