Monday, February 25, 2008

Oscars

Last year Deanna invited me to an Oscar's party. I'd never really watched the Oscars nor had I seen a lot of the movies nominated. I didn't know what to expect but I was definitely on board. Deanna had a red carpet leading to her front door, best picture nominee themed dishes, and ballots.

When Deanna invited me to come to this year's bash, I didn't hesitate. Due to my schedule (working 60-80 hour weeks makes it difficult to do things not work related), I had only seen four of the nominated pictures: The Borne Ultimatum, Ratatouille (for my niece's 8th bday), Transformers, and Juno. I took my ballot and immediately started to choose movies. I have a theory: fun names/interesting names tend to do well.

As the show progressed I started to cheer. It was so much fun to be right and to pretend to be upset when your choice lost. When the show was over, I had correctly selected 10 of the 24 categories correct. :-) I successfully selected: Best Leading Actor, Best Supporting Actor, Best Animated Feature, Best Costume Design, Best Directing, Best Feature Documentary, Best Picture, Best Animated Short Film, Best Live Action Short Film, and Best Original Screenplay. I had the most correct out of the guests, so I was awarded with "A Knight's Tale" in memory of Heath Ledger.

Who knew I loved the Oscars so much? What a great night!

No comments: