Monday, February 4, 2008

the guys

My entire life I've had more guy friends than girl friends. This simple fact has always intrigued me as I tend to be a tad girlie. I can't get enough of the color pink (Elle Woods has nothing on me), I love hot rollers probably more than I should, doing my nails makes me incrdibly proud, Sephora is one of my favorite places ever, and I love anything that sparkles. I never played with G.I. Joes or Legos. I was extremely loyal to my Barbies, She-Ra action figures, Care Bears, and Cabbage Patch Kids. Yet my very first memories tend to be playing tag and catch with Phillip.

Sporting events can leave me slightly perplexed. Hockey fascinates me but I'm certainly not a fan. The only sport that I truly get is basketball. I do love the occassional football game so when the invitation was given to watch the superbowl with the guys, I couldn't say no.

I tried to be as low-key as possible: ie I didn't pretty up for the night, I brought snacks, and knew a little about each team before showing up. I was excited to see a girlfriend & wife with the group of guys. I loved that they were wonderful women who also weren't exactly 'invested' in the game.

We all had such a great time! I even cheered during the last quarter--hehe. Apparently my cheering isn't the ordinary cheering. :-) My favorite part of the entire night was Dave doing his Laila Ali commentary for each team. I tried to counter with a Hulk Hogan impression but it was no where near as good as Dave's Laila--he was on a whole other level.

I look forward to future games with the guys. March madness promises to be a lot of fun--bracket making, game watching parties, and more ridiculous commentary courtesy of the guys. In the mean time, I'll be practicing my "poses" and trying to work on my Hogan.

No comments: