The storms currently blowing through my life are teaching me a lot about extending grace and letting go of hurt. I've got to admit: it's really difficult. I find myself waking up and asking God to take away the hurt or anger that I'm feeling. I find myself throughout the day having to ask God to take away the same hurt or anger. And HE is faithful. The hurt and anger start to wane...and I realize that healing happens. My Savior restores my soul.
The winds of the storm are really starting to die down and I'm so grateful. One of the ladies from Bible study has reminded me to count the baby steps as victory. I keep seeing Bill Murray climbing onto the bus on "What About Bob?" and hearing 'Count Your Many Blessings'. It might sound silly but that's really helping a lot.
So let me count some of the blessings:
- I'm in a job where I get to dream, disciple, and share Christ's love.
- I get to sit under incredible teaching from my senior pastor.
- The wisest man I've ever met is my boss.
- I have friends who love me even when I'm being ridiculous.
- I have an entire family who loves me...and they aren't even related to me.
- I am blessed to be able to dream and plan a future with Chris.
- Mountain Dew Throwback is still on store shelves.
- My copy of "Stuff Christians Like" is cracking me up and bringing some sunshine to my day.
- Bullet points make my blog posts more organized.