Monday, June 23, 2008

music & me

I've always been a huge music fan. As a little girl I would constantly make up songs. As an adult, I still make up a few songs every now and then. They're nothing profound, always surface/slightly ridiculous songs that are good for a chuckle. Despite my lack of musical prowess, I am still deeply moved by music. It can be something as beautiful as a complicated symphony or something totally different like a Violent Femmes song. I love how much and how often I tend to hear God in music. Not surprisingly, God has used two bands to speak to me in big ways recently: Switchfoot and Mae.

I want to see miracles, see the world change

Wrestled the angel, for more than a name
For more than a feeling
For more than a cause
I'm singing Spirit take me up in arms with You
And You're raising the dead in me...

...I'm not copping out. Not copping out. Not copping out.

"24" by Switchfoot

The last ten days have quite possibly been the most interesting consecutive days of my entire life. Without going into a lot of detail, let me say that God is moving in a HUGE way. It's almost as if I've had a watershed moment which has resulted in a complete turnaround in my thought process. I have no idea what's going to happen but I know that I'm excited. I can't wait until things come into a clearer focus & I can start shouting from the rooftops the awesome work that God has brought about in my life.

Lately I'm alright
And lately I'm not scared
I've figured out
That what you do to me feels like
I'm floating on air
I don't need to know right now
All I know is I believe
In the very thing that got us here
And now I can't leave

Say anything, but say what you mean
'cause I'm caught in suspension...

....It's enough for me to get excited.

"Suspension" by Mae

No comments: