Saturday, October 10, 2009

Hello again bloggy world! How are you? It's been a bit since my last post. I've been reading but not posting. I've been trying to decide what to do with this blog. Do I make it all serious? Do I use it to just update on the happenings of my world (ie adventures with Chris)? Do I start making it encouraging and challenging? No clue. I think a mixture of the three would be ideal so that's my plan...we'll see if it comes to fruition.

In case you haven't noticed, it's officially fall. I'm wearing a sweater dress & a pair of boots (that I got at a steal of a deal thanks to Kohls). Since it's fall, that means football, pies, and warm colors. I went to LD Bell's homecoming last night. It was the 50th anniversary of the Raiderette dance team. Chris' mom was a Raiderette so she performed with other alumni at the half time show. It was so cold! I sat on my quilo (throw your hands up if you own one--they are fantastic, aren't they?) while covering up with my lambie (also fantastic). We left in the 3rd quarter since Aimee & I decided we were not made for the cold. Sidenote: the LD Bell band is incredible.

Today we didn't have a football game as it's Columbus Day weekend. I slept in, had a big breakfast (breakfast is much too underrated), and am leisurely getting ready to head up to the church. My goal is to arrive between 2-3. I love Saturday night service. My room is open up 3:30 for volunteer & staff kids. At 5:40, however, I take all of the students to their age appropriate worship rooms. Then I head to service. I love going on Saturday so on Sunday I can fill in my volunteers & hear their thoughts on the service.

Speaking of volunteers, I need to finish getting ready so I can write some cards. Don't you just love cards?

No comments: