Thursday, September 27, 2007

blogging

I'm a horrible blogger. When I first started blogging six years ago, I was ambitious. I was going to change the world one post at a time. I was going to post intriguing questions, amusing stories, and make people world wide say a collective "hmmm..." After the first few posts I tended to post my thoughts on things such as pink hair ribbons (why it's almost always a good call), why intramural sports was a great way to see the true character of a person, and how grateful for my metabolism I truly was.

As the posts continued to decline in quality, I thought I'd take a sabbatical. No more blogging for others pleasure. I would only blog when something moved me. Or when I had cute pictures to post. Or when I was inclined to brag about a date. You see the pattern.

I like to think I've gained a little perspective since then...I mean one must pick some up in the course of six years along the way. I like to think my posts will be well written and actually make a point. However, I don't like to lie to myself: I'm not 5'10", I'm not dating Devin Harris, I won't post everyday, and my posts won't make sense. That's the truth.

No comments: